My name is Stefan. ผมชื่อสเตฟานครับ
I grew up in a small village in Bavaria, Germany and as I got older, there was this urge to go out in the “real world” and explore as much as I could. I wanted it, and I decided to go for it.
When I finished high school by the age of 19 I bought myself a backpack, applied for a passport and booked an open-return ticket to Sydney Australia. It was probably the best decision I’ve made in my life.
Since then I have
- crossed the Australian outback by train
- driven through New Zealand by car
- worked in Australia’s largest national park
- worked on a tomato farm in Australia
- done a camping tour in Tasmania
- attended the Final of the Australian Open in Melbourne
- climbed a volcano in New Zealand
- done skybar-hopping in Singapore
- attended the F1 Grand Prix in Malaysia
- climbed a limestone cliff in Thailand
- celebrated the Thai New Year (Songkran) in Bangkok
- visited the world’s largest religious monument: Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- traveled from Saigon to Hanoi by bus
- explored caves in Laos
- watched the sunrise at Mount Bromo, Indonesia
- driven around the Philippines by motorcycle
- watched the sunrise at Taj Mahal, India
- walked the Thorung La Pass in Nepal
- did a photo project in Sri Lanka
- done the “Big Four” of Myanmar
- traveled by plane, train, boat, car, bus, jeep, motorcycle, tuk tuk, bicycle, camel, elephant and horse.
Since I got to explore Asia and Oceania quite well I made the decision that I want to live in Thailand.
I came back for several long week holidays while I was a student. I did two internships in Bangkok as part of my study program and studied Thai by myself.
After that I was offered the permanent job position so I decided to just go for it. I went back to Germany to do my final semester for the Bachelor’s degree. Cancelled my apartment, put stuff in two big suitcases and booked the one way ticket to Bangkok, by the age of 24.
So now I’m living my dream - I am living in Bangkok.
I have also visited 22 out of 77 provinces in Thailand:
- Chiang Mai
- Chiang Rai
- Kamphaeng Phet
- Khon Kaen
- Nakhon Pathom
- Nakhon Ratchasima
- Nong Khai
- Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
- Samut Sakhon
- Surat Thani
- Udon Thani
Not included the provinces that I just “drove through”.
If you want to contact me, just write me an email, I will come back to you very soon: